The City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the City of Frisco. City elections shall be conducted in accordance with the Texas Election Code and held annually on the first Saturday in May.
The City of Frisco is a Home Rule municipal government and operates under a council-manager form of government. The mayor and six council members are elected at-large. The City of Frisco is located in both Collin and Denton counties and contracts elections through both the Collin County Elections Administrator and the Denton County Elections Administrator.
For more information, visit your county's website listed below. Voter registration applications are available in the City Secretary's Office or through the Texas Secretary of State. People who have not previously registered to vote, or have moved from another county, will need to register with the county clerk in the county they reside. Once you have registered to vote, you should receive your card within 30 days.
Collin County Elections Administrator
Phone: 800-687-8546 (McKinney)
Collin County Elections
Denton County Elections Administrator
Phone: 940-349-3200 metro
Denton County Elections
Texas Secretary of State
View TX SOS elections
To be eligible to register in Texas, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a resident of the county
- Be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months)
- Not be a convicted felon (unless a person's sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
- Not be declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law
- If you live in Collin County:
Registrar of Voters
McKinney, TX 75069
- If you live in Denton County:
Registrar of Voters
Denton, TX 76201
Denton County Voter Information:
Denton County has been requiring voters to use paper ballots since November 2017. The voting process is, as follows:
- Check in and verify voter.
- Enter code and print ballot.
- Go to the voting booth to mark your ballot.
- Fill in the box of the person(s) you are voting for.
- Scan your ballot into the counter that will deposit your ballot into a secure locked ballot box.
- If you mark outside the box, the scanner will not accept the ballot. After 3 failed ballots, the voter may use the voting machine designated for handicapped voters.